Sunday, July 17, 2011

The Moon Also Shines in Africa

The moon is so big it doesn’t seem so high
It looks like it’s threatening to consume the sky
I wonder if the same moon shone for you
Did you gaze at it in wonderment and awe too?
Or were you too distracted by your hunger pains
To care whether the moon waxes or wanes
I wish I could fill your belly and return your smile
And enable you to be a carefree child
I wonder why the world treats you with such disdain
Thinking if they help what would they gain
They only see Africa as a treasure chest
Not caring about the children in their quest
They don’t even talk about you, like you’re not there
But I see you little one, and I do care
I promise you I will make my very best plea
And until you are nourished I’ll stay on my knees
The moon shines like a beacon of hope in the night
Keep your eyes fixed on it and together we’ll fight

No comments:

Post a Comment