Thursday, June 30, 2011

Love Jones

Love is my addiction
And sometimes my affliction
I love because it feels good
I love those no others would
Because I know love can change
It has the power to rearrange
My love sometimes looks like hate
Tough love can sometimes separate
Better an open rebuke than love that’s hidden
True love should never be forbidden
I have to love you, I can’t help myself
I’d rather have love than material wealth
I hope this love jones never ceases
Because love has become my life thesis
It is written on the pages of my spirit
I’ll read aloud for all to hear it
Let love be your gift to me
Love is what sets me free
Free from those who despise me
Because love is my disguise see
It covers a multitude of sins
Where there is love everyone wins
Yes, love is my crack
If you love me then I’ll love you back
Even if you don’t, I’ll love you anyway
Love is my drug of choice everyday

No comments:

Post a Comment